Pop Miller's Paint Store
Photos courtesy of Rachel Miller Crapser
Interior decorator and contractor, John L. “Pop” Miller, owned and operated Miller Wallpaper and Paint store at 224 Main Street during the 1920s and 1930s. The proprietor is shown at right and an unidentified employee at left. Several of the Miller sons assisted with painting, and a daughter, Rachel, played in “Dad” Carr’s Ames Drum and Bugle Corps.
J.L. behind Miller Paint Store at 224 Main
Today Ames Silversmithing occupies 220-224 Main Street.
Miller Paint truck
The Millers lived at 802 Carroll with their seven children and moved from Ames in 1938.
Rachel Miller in the back yard with a pet duck
J.L. sponsored a softball team with that duck as mascot.
back to photos previously featured
in The Tribune's series entitled From the Archives